Who we are:
Graduate Women Scotland East (GWSE) welcomes all female graduates and friends to join them in pursuing the advancement of women and girls, locally and globally.
Based in Dundee, GWSEast is the local branch of Graduate Women Scotland (GWS) , and an active part of Graduate Women International (GWI). Originally founded in 1919 to improve the status of women and girls, promote life long learning, and to enable women to effect positive change for a peaceful world, GWI works both to influence policy at the United Nations and to take forward practical projects in pursuit of our aims.
The Rural Futures Project, helping girls access education in Uganda.
In Scotland, GWS promotes the interests of women and girls with the Scottish Government
What we do at GWSEast
Throughout the year our activities include:
- Campaigning on issues affecting women and girls
- Social events
- Making awards to female students at local universities
- Organising fundraising events
- Monitoring educational and social issues locally and nationally
- Informal lunches
- Study groups to discuss matters of current interest as well as topical books or perhaps, plays
If you have a degree, or equivalent, from any university, anywhere in the world, you are both eligible and welcome to join us.