Graduate Women Scotland East (GWSE) is a part of Graduate Women Scotland and welcomes all female graduates and friends to join them in pursuing the advancement of women and girls, locally and globally. We are an active group of women who work to ensure that all women and girls have educational opportunities, regardless of gender, class, or economic disparity.
Scroll down to find out what we do and who we support:
Throughout the year Graduate Women East – Scotland…
- campaigns on issues affecting women and girls
- provides awards to female students at local universities
- organises fundraising events
- monitors educational and social issues locally and nationally
Specifically we work…
…in Dundee to:
- provide grants to University Student Hardship Funds
- provide grants to female students from the local Universities’ Access programmes
…in Scotland to:
- help research students develop presentational skills and share their work.
- support the Rural Futures Project, which trains girls in the Buyende District of Uganda to become teachers in their communities.
Based in Dundee, GWSE is the local branch of Graduate Women Scotland (GWS) , and an active part of Graduate Women International (GWI). Originally founded in 1919 to improve the status of women and girls, promote life long learning, and to enable women to effect positive change for a peaceful world, GWI works both to influence policy at the United Nations and to take forward practical projects in pursuit of our aims.
How to Join
If you have a degree, or equivalent, from any university, anywhere in the world, you are both eligible and welcome to join us.